So Friday night at 7:30 I had my baby shower and it rocked. I didn't get home until 1:00 AM so I promptly went to bed. Then at 3:00 AM I woke to a nasty contraction. As soon as it was over I tried to go back to sleep but after 5 minutes I had another one. Despite my great desire to get Samuel out I wasn't looking forward to going through labor on only two hours of sleep so I spent the next three hours trying to go back to sleep between five minute apart contractions. Finally around 6:00 AM I decided to give up and told James we'd better go so Niki came over to watch the girls and we headed for the hospital around 7:00. At the hospital they checked me and I was only a 3 and Samuel hadn't decended enough so they told me to walk for an hour to see if I was going to progress or if it was false labor. So I walked until 9:00 and they checked again and I was a 6 and he was ready to come so they got us to the labor/delivery/recovery room and started the IV and got me preped for the epidural. By 10:00 AM I had the epidural and was feeling much better. Around 11:30 he was ready to come and I was really starting to regret not going to bed earlier. Samuel Wild Briscoe was born at 11:47 AM weighing 7 lbs. 5 oz. and measuring 20 1/4 inches long. 




7 comments:
WOO HOO!! Yeah, he is here. How exciting. I will have to have good news on Sunday in RS. Congratulations Briscoes.
Congrats!!!!
He's beautiful! Congratulations. So glad you posted pics. sally
So cute!!! Congrats!! Hope all is going well, I am sure the girls are loving him.
He is so cute! So glad that all went well. Love ya!
Thank you everybody for your nice comments.
Congrats on the baby Heidi. He is so cute. It is good to hear that you are doing so well. Teresa
Post a Comment