Sunday, July 12, 2009

Reverend James

As I was looking through my wedding pictures I found this one. Don't worry there is a story behind it.
My older brother got married 13 days before me so when it was time for my sister to do my bridal shots my sister-in-law-to-be got her bridal shots done too. Since we were there together we took one together to remember the experience.

Here is the line at my brother's wedding. Pictured: (left to right) Tya (my little sister), Heidi (me), Shelley (cusin of the bride), Jetta (my sister-in-law), Ben (my oldest brother), Steve (my brother's best friend), Hyrum (my baby brother), and Robert (my second oldest brother).


And here is the funny part. Like I said, my brother was scheduled to get married 13 days before me. The morning of the wedding (Saturday) my brother calls to ask me if the county I'd gotten my marriage license in was open on Saturday and I told him no and asked what was up. He proceeded to tell me that he hadn't gotten a marriage license yet. The guests were already in town and the reception hall was non-refundable so he was very upset. So I told him "Fake it." He was like "What!?" So I told him to just do the wedding and go in on Monday and get married legally. So he called the bishop that was supposed to do the wedding and he refused to do it because he said it wasn't legal so I volunteered my fiance. So my sweet James borrowed a suit from my brother-in-law and a shirt and tie from my brother and a quad. My mom wrote the script and we put it in the quad and James read his part. After the wedding my grandma came up to me and asked if my fiance was there and I said "Yeh, did you see the preacher, that's him." And she say's "Oh does he do that on the side?" So I said, "No Grandma the wedding was fake." And she says, "That's nice."

4 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

oh my gosh. that is funny

Jenette said...

That is too funny. I didn't know that about Ben's wedding...

Jana said...

That is the funniest!! :D (James is so multi-talented!)

Carolyn said...

hahaha that is awesome!