After I finished this cake James told me I had to post it and ask what people thought it was worth. I of course have no ambition for selling my silly crafts but he wanted me to ask anyway.
There are 58 size 1-2 diapers, 33 hair bows, and 5 baby headbands which are designed to allow you to add any of the small bows.
6 comments:
That is the cutest thing! I bet she is going to flip. As far as value, you need to figure up how much it actually costs to make one and double it =) do you just roll up the diapers? is it on a base or something? how does it stay all together? I wanna make one now!!
Very cute. Can I get written instructions please?
The diapers are individually rolled and tied and then I tie each layer together. The three layers are put together using a couple skewers and I designed a way to hot glue the cake to a cardboard cake board without ruining any diapers but I can't explain how that works, sorry. Decorating is pretty self explanitory.
I have made a much simpler diaper cake and kind of know the time and money it cost so... you could totaly sell it for at leat $50.00 and that is cheap! You could sell those on etsy.com
wow, girlfriend...you are TALENTED! when i start poppin babies out, will you be MY awesome friend??
all the hair bows alone would sell for at $3 a piece, so that said... a lot... haha! factor in the time you worked on it and the cost of diapers and you're looking at probably $150. yikes!
Post a Comment