So last Thursday night I went and hung out with my friends and one of them asked if we wanted to go to the beach the next day since there wasn't school (it was Good Friday). I honestly didn't want to because the only time I'd been to the beach was in California in early spring and it was butt cold and it smelled awful. But I thought, "what the heck, my kids have never been to the beach so we'll give it a try." So Friday we loaded up the kids and drove down to Galveston. It was pretty cool because we drove across a huge bridge to get to Galveston Island, then we took a ferry to the coast. I had never even seen a ferry so that was way cool. When we got to the beach I was very skeptical. But once we got out and I realized there wasn't a rancid smell and the water wasn't cold we had a great time. The girls loved it! It was so nice to not have to entertain them for like 3 hours straight!
Charity filling her watering can.
Sam and I surrounded by friends.
1 comment:
Oh, the beach, HOW FUN!!! (Yes I would say there is a bit of jealousy in that statement)Little can compare to a wonderful day at the beach, glad you had fun.
Post a Comment