So I tried something new that my friend told me she had seen online called "cake balls." Basicly what you do is bake a cake then when it's cool you crumble it up and mix in a can of frosting. When it's all mixed you form it into balls and dip it in chocolate. The idea comes from this blog: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ I decided to use her idea to do Easter eggs but rather than decorate them with sprinkles and candy confetti I decorated them with candy melts. It was fun but they aren't as perfect as I was hoping they would be.
8 comments:
They look great!! I am making some for Grace's birthday, and I will post some pictures.
Heidi, you're so DANG talented! I think you have more talent in your big toe than I have in my whole body. I'M JEALOUS!! Oh, and my sister LOVES that Bakerella blog...
very fun! I bet the kids loved it!
Good choice on the lemon cake mix too, it is so refreshing.
They're adorable! I made the oreo truffles from that same site and I loved them. How did the cake balls taste? I was hesitant to try it because I'm not a huge frosting fan :D
cute!
I think I would have eaten the whole tray if I could have. They were better than regular cake!!
I think I did eat the whole tray...
Heidi- they were SO GREAT! I think I will have to try that sometime! You are so talented- great cook, great seamstress- and you are so fun to be around too! Have a great day:)
Post a Comment