Okay so it's not really a cake, it's cupcakes but whatever.

I got the idea for this cake out of a book called "Hello, Cupcake." I heard about the book from my friend Vicky's blog. She rocks! I made the butterflies by drawing them on waxpaper with "candy melts" and then I put sprinkles on them. The wings are seperate so that I could put them on the cupcakes on an angle and then add the body to make them 3D.

I made this "cake" for my cusin Niki's birthday. It was a huge hit, but nobody wanted to eat it. Fortunately, they did finally eat them but some people still wouldn't eat the butterflies!
6 comments:
those are gorgeous! wow, Heidi. Thanks for sharing
I love them. Grace wants those at her baptism. Were they easy? You rock too ya know!
WOW!!! That is the coolest cake I have seen... You should go into busy making cakes...
I never knew you were so dang talented. Remind me to never make a cake for an event you will be attending.
so pretty!
You should defintaly go into business doing cakes!! I got a business license for the photography this week, Im a little nervous but excited at the same time. I plan on attending bridal fairs and things like that.
Post a Comment